[RC] rhinoflu - DAldr94141

Hi. I vaccinate for just about everything in the Spring including the rhinoflu.
About 6 weeks ago, my mare started coughing. My vet said, over the phone, that it sounded like allergies. She'd had allergies the year before but this time, I told him she had greenish (sorry for the word) snot coming out in large clumps.  Ugghh.    He said to water her hay.
So I did for a few weeks. I also rode her once to three times a week and she coughed some during our rides.  He did not take blood to test her since this was over the phone and he said he would have to in order to find out what kind of virus it is. I chose not to and the mare got over it on her own.
She got over the coughing and then her 2 yr. old started coughing and then my 8 yr. old!!!  I called the vet saying now I didn't think it was allergies (watering the hay did not help) and that it may be a virus of some sort. He then came over and gave the 8 yr. old a rhino vaccine booster and not the mare (she was done coughing) and not the baby.  The booster did no good.   One week later, he coughed this morning and it is getting less and less. Now my mare coughed twice today!! The baby didn't have the large snot and neither did the 8 yr. old. Just clear runny nose stuff.
Does this sound familiar with anyone and if it does, then how long does this last? What can I do if anything? I went to a CTR ride this past weekend and that's when my 8 yr. old coughed his head off one eve. I took him home the next day since I live close, and left my mare there for the ride.  The ride vet said to not do anything with the 8 yr. old at all so he's been left in the barn and pasture with the other two and hasn't been ridden for a week. Can this be passed back and forth? Should I keep them all confined and away from each other for weeks till this passes? I'm at my wits end since this is ride season. My mare is in the OAATS novice program. She needs to be well.  The ride vet said a fever is present before the cough so you wouldn't know they were sick till they start coughing. They are all eating, alert and fine in all the other ways.
Thanks for any advice.  By the way, is there a website I can get to that'll explain about this virus, how to prevent and how to treat if anything? I tried the Bayer horse web but it's not coming up. Thanks.

Deb