[RC] Tally update - sandy . l . holder

I'm still not letting my breath out but here's the Tally update.  As some of you know, Tally's my first horse and the love of my life.  I really enjoy all the other ponies (and they really are fine ponies) but he's the man of my life.  Anyway, he was injured going down to 20 MT in January and just hasn't been the same.  I've dealt with denial, anger and depression and have finally faced the fact (ok, so I'm still working on that part) that he may never be able to do endurance again.  He's my 17 yr old rescue that I've been riding for 5 years and it was definitely my plan to try and have him be a decade horse.  I still haven't given up though as we had some really good progress this week.  In fact, I think all the other ponies in the pasture have their hooves crossed hoping this will continuing being a positive month.

I took him to UC Davis earlier in the week, they ultrasounded his back (the latest issue) - which showed one minimal issue but mostly that he'd rolled on a rock or something and scrapped it which is why he wouldn't carry his back (this the first time I've been on his back in 5 months).  Additionally, with minor lameness in both fronts, we injected both coffin joints.  Two days off and then "back to work" according to Davis.  Today, we walked, trotted slowly and then trotted at a brisk pace - 15 minutes, each side.  I finally let out my breath because he's sound.  Cooled him off and turned him out, by himself (but close to everyone else) on flat ground.  We'll see how tomorrow is. . .

As I said, all of the other ponies have their hooves crossed for him. . . of course, they'll get tired of that after awhile so I'm just hoping that their prayers are heard.

Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers.  As they say, one day at a time. . .

All the best,
Sandy
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.