[RC] Hannibal Lector horse - Randy or Cheryl Winter

I had an interesting thing happen early on with the horse I am riding now.
It was only his third 50 mile ride.  My girlfriend and I had to plan for two
out checks and packed according  with wet beet pulp grains hays etc.  Since
we had to had a different bag for each check ( ride management rules) we
decided to share a pan for both horses to use since they get along so well.
My guy being a hoover vacuum and her horse being a little more dainty, he
got too much of the wet beet pulp mash ( not too much grain in it), then hay
and then rooted around under all the other deserted piles of hay to clean up
what ever he could find. WEEELLLLL when we started off on the next loop
going up hill for about 3 miles, he farted and chugged, and groaned his way
up it.  Picture " I can't believe I ate the whole thing" attitude.  He was
one uncomfortable puppy until we got to the top and had the mother of all
blow out farts that he finally felt better.  The next check, he was LIMITED
to what he could have and scrounge for.  I guess the point being on this, is
that I feel the shear volume of the wet beet pulp that he took in, with not
much grain in it, was just too heavy on his stomach and guts for the work
load he needed to resume with.  Since that incident I have been careful to
monitor Hannibal Lectors approach towards heavy weight volume
food......never had a horse before that would overeat at checks, but he
can.....never met a meal he doesn't like.

Cheryl