Re: [RC] RC[RC}:Glcemic index of horse grain - Truman Prevatt

Nik,

I could see dates as being a great feed for horses. You are keeping their glucose at a nice level rate with a natural food. Maybe dates are nature's "perfect endurance feed."

I've heard several times about the conditioning protocol used by the sheiks and I suspect the Europeans have followed suite given the success it has enjoyed in big time races. Back in my younger days when I was running a light day was four hours training. If you are serious about winning high profile endurance rides you have do what it takes and have the number of horses in training to be able to get it done.

After all the Miami Heat didn't win the NBA championship with just five guys on the roster. They did it with 15 and at some point during the each one of the 15 was hot and contributed to the success. That's how championships are won.

Truman

Nik Isahak Abdullah wrote:
Truman'
To put a spanner in the engine,the sheikhs feed em dates ,tons of them! At least that was what TI confided to me before his demise.
Seriuosly it is also hours and hours of conditioning ,conditioning and conditioning.The French and much of Europe and UAE 'polishes' their final 3 to 4 months of prep with hours ,not minutes , of cantering cantering and cantering.Of course they have many2 dispensable horses and they condition many horses for one ride and rode only the best.
Dr Nik

--

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." Niels Bohr -- Nobel Laureate, Physics