[RC] Black Jack - Tom Sites

The story about Reckless reminded me of my times at Lee Gardens (917 N. Wayne St. Arlington, Va.) where we moved to from WVa. to the city, and what was so cool is i could see the Horses from the Old Guard exercised just across the street at Ft. Meyer.

BlackJack was my favorite, partly because he pulled the caisson on many Funeral Details, particularily  JFK's.  Because i was young and innocent i got to go across the street and pet him and smell the leather and the sweet smell of the stables.

Many years later when i went to get my military photo ID card, i made sure i went to Ft. Meyer just so i could go to those stables and see where BlackJack was and relive part of my youth .  They have quite a Memorial to him with all his tack and harness and especially a photo of him pulling JFK.  Its open to the public if anyone ever wants to go see the last of the Old Guard.  Everybody Loved BlackJack, especially me.  ts