[RC] Reckless - Peggy B-Smith

The story about Reckless brought back many memories for me . . .

I lived on Camp Pendleton in the late-50's to mid 60's and started riding at the Camp Pendleton stables on base. Reckless was kept at the Camp Pendleton stables and was all the "regulars" favorite. I do remember Dauntless, her foal, being there.

There was a group of 4 of us teenage girls, and one loan teenage guy, who hung out at the stables all the time. We each had our favorite stable horse. Mine was a little palomino named Buttermilk.

Long time ago, on a planet far, far away!

Peggy Bergman-Smith
Bear Valley Springs, CA