[RC] JD's Moonlight Ride - Alicia

I just got back from JD’s Moonlight ride in the Sandhills of SC.  It was the easiest riding I have ever done in the dark and had it been daylight the whole ride, it would have been the easiest ride ever.  The footing was soft and almost perfect everywhere.  There was about 1 mile of some smaller gravel and some road riding.  The road was not traveled much and the footing along the road was nice and soft also.  Nikki Young and Otis Schmitt were the vets and were wonderful as usual.  There were not many pulls.  One rider did have her horse spook and took a bad fall possibly breaking her collarbone.  There was an outhouse with toilets and showers and the weather was perfect.  I had to blanket my horse when I finished, and I was in SC in the summertime!!!  I used the ride as a tune up conditioning ride and came in tied with Roxanne Ciccone for 17th in the 50.  there were about 30 riders it each distance.  Many thanks to JD and his daughter and his volunteers for putting on this ride!

Alicia Mansuetti and Davanna Dave