[RC] Pacific Crest - Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

I have just sat down after coming home for Pacific Crest.  Once again the Rouge Riders Club has put on a very nice ride.

There was some concern about the heat and humidity being higher than normal for the area so the 50’s started out at 5:30 instead of 6:00.  That was fine by me, the more I can get done before the heat start the better.  The pulse criteria was set at 56 and two out checks one at 30 min and one at an hour hold.

The trail was well marked and smooth to start out with.  The ride has a good amount of climb to it and you are in the forest for most of the time.  The footing is great, between the rocks :o all kidding aside there were a lot of rocks.  That is one of the things that contributed to the pull rate with several lames.

We lost a shoe in one of the stream crossings but put a boot on at the 2nd check and all was fine.  The trail from the last check to the finish was not under cover for the most part and was kind of warm.  We could have used more water on that loop but alls well that ends well.

The camp is great with all the fresh hay your horse can eat.  They had mowed it just before we got there it seems.  With the longest distance being a 50 awards were Saturday night so many people left right after awards.

I am really looking forward to the rouge challenge.  If you ride the same horse the same distance at all 3 rouge valley rides ( Pacific Crest, Headwaters, Limestone Challenge) and complete you get a patch or some other recognition.

Thanks to all who helped with the ride we had a great time.

Adam,

Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

584 Romie Howard Rd.

Yoncalla OR 97499