[RC] electric fencing - Tara M Sheppard

Hi there,
I too have been using the Horseguard electric fencing for my horses
now(ott Standardbreds)
for about 5 years. I have not yet had to replace the tape and insulators.
the tape still looks new.
I got the green colored tape and just hose it down when it gets dusty.
With high winds it does not
move at all. It is woven in a way that allows air to pass through. Also,
all their stuff is stainless
steel wire used in the tape. The cheap stuff will have regular steel and
will rust within the first year
that you use it.(you will see alot of arching-especially at night)The
insulators are neat, you can order
one insulator that can be used on everything from pipe poles, wood posts,
t-posts. I bought these
insulators to use only on the coners of the pasture and every so often
down the fence line.(because of their
expense) and use the cheapy white insulators that you just clip on to the
t-post for the rest of the fencing.
I am constantly changing these white ones because the sun has made them
brittle and they just break.
This stuff works great(electric fencing), I would never use any other
type of fencing because this works and my horses
never challenge it. Wood has to be painted, horses chew on it, it rots
and it's just too expensive (for me anyways)
I put up my own 1 acre of pasture with this in 2 days by myself! I drove
the t-posts in after and even
during the rain! Went in sooooo  easily! As for lightning- there is
something you can buy and install for this
I think it's called a "lightning rod"? I don't have one( we don't hardly
ever have any here-Napa,Ca.)I do know that I read
somewhere about installing  2 grounds though, 3 feet apart from each
other. I never see other people do this.
I did it - maybe that is why my guys don't challenge the fence? :)
Anyways, good luck with your fencing! Done right, electric fencing can
look just as nice as anything else out there-
P.S. - I only did 2 strands on my fence.
-Tara