From: Sue Walz
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2006 11:29 AM
Subject: [PNER] WOW! Pacific Crest!

Pacific Crest was as beautiful & challenging a ride as it always is. Well
marked & well run! High in the Cascade Mtns just east of Ashland, OR.
Raven was in the mood to move! He's getting more competitive on every ride
we do. I rarely tell him what speed to go at, just a loose rein & he runs
it as he sees fit. He's a very self motivated guy! He truly seems to love
this sport as much as I do.
The long & the short of it is, Raven & I had our first win! I was ecstatic
& amazed! The last half of the ride was a fast paced & cooperative effort
with three other riders. Sorry I only know first names! Patty, her horse
Tess & Raven bonded so well, Tess reminded Raven of his mare Ruby & Raven
reminded Tess of her black TWH buddy! It made them virtually inseperable!
Betsy & Rena leap frogged with Patty & I. so we came in as a tight group of
four at the finish! Rena got BC!
He did this totally barefoot! No boots! We always carry EZ boots, but
haven't had to use them yet this year.
There's a lot of rock & gravel on Pacific Crest, too. He also finished
Prineville & top 10ed at Klickatat bare this year! Bandit Springs next! Then
on to Tevis! (plastic shoes for Tevis)
This has been a great season for Raven so far! He's getting better on
every ride!

~Sue Walz & Raven

__._,_.___
Have you renewed, or better yet, joined PNER yet? Go to www.endurance.net/organizations/pner and look what PNER has to offer! Membership applications are available on the site.

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.yahoogroups.com/community/PNER

A lovely horse is always an experience.... It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words.  ~Beryl Markham

Many people have sighed for the 'good old days' and regretted the 'passing of the horse,' but today, when only those who like horses own them, it is a far better time for horses.  ~C.W. Anderson
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
.