Re: [RC] Making your own PVC Panels - RBluebirdpr

In a message dated 06/30/2006 12:33:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, rides2far@xxxxxxxx writes:
What finally did it in was when I stacked it on the truck kinda high,
turned in my driveway up a hill and they all went off the truck and legs
to panels broke all over the place.  They were awkward to haul, a pain to
set up, and not that secure for a horse who saw grass he couldn't reach.
If you make a set, it would be a good idea to run electricity around the
inside. I wish I had the money we spent on materials to buy a good metal
corral.

Angie,

I also made PVC panels 15 years ago while living in Ohio.  They lasted one ride.  It was a winter ride and the below freezing temp made them very brittle and one of my horses hit a panel and it shattered.  Luckily I got to the horse in time to keep her away from the jagged edges.  I then got a metal and eventually have gone to electric.

Phil