[RC] GERA ride for a Newbie?? - Nasr69

Hi RC
 I was planning to do the GERA ride in Aug. as our first ride. I wondering if those of you who have been there could share your opinion on what you think for a first ride. We are in Florida so we are used to the heat but not any real inclines.  We are very close to being ready as far as conditioning goes ( conditioning since Feb. mostly in Goethe forset). I am really excited about doing a ride but I don't want to hurt my horse. So any thoughts as to weather or not those of you who have experience would do this ride as a first would VERY much appreciated.
Thank you!!
Andra & Spook
Florida