Re: [RC] horse hauling - Mary Ann Spencer

I have driven straight thru form TX to NC, 1100 in 20 hours driving time.  I do not stop for long dinner breaks but for snacks and bathroom  When I stop,  the horses use the bathroom too.  A guide that was told me yrs ago and seems to work is to stop about every 3 hours or so.  I usually need 'something' during that time so it has worked well.  Be sure to have your spare times with you incase there is no place close by for assistance.  I carry water and hay but not much grain.  Happy trails.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 4:41 PM
Subject: [RC] horse hauling

All wisdom welcomed!  I am planning a move cross country from Cal to NY.  I want to take my horses and do a stop over at Yellowstone continung on the Northern route down through S.Dakota and over to NY.  I need all your advice on tips for hauling like mileage to plan on per day, how many stops, feeding, water and even any suggested routes with the stop overs would be very welcomed!!!  I have faith you can all help!  Thanks

sherry :)