[RC] Western States Buckle Purchase??? - Jonni

There are many riders who ride the ride year after year, and can only wear one buckle at a time. So, they have the option of the lesser entry fee, and they will get a certificate of completion. If you do ride and complete, and did not pay the entry fee for the buckle, you can then purchase it later for a bit more money, than if you had signed up to get it when you first entered.

If you WANT a buckle, then pay the full fee up front. I look at it like this. If you decide to save money on the entry fee, and enter for a certificate only, but really want a buckle, then you have already set your mind up that you might not make it through the ride. And you need to have your mind focused that you WILL finish.

I have my first buckle from last year, and upgraded to the sterling buckle, instead of the German Silver one. Bruce, I suggest you do that too this year after you get yours.  They really are a bit prettier. Then, engrave your name, and your horses name, and the year on the back. So when your family sells your stuff many, many years from now at some yard sale, and it ends up on ebay, at least folks who bid on it, will know who won it. <wink>

Jonni  (hoping for buckle number 2 this year. Like potato chips, I can't stop at just one)