[RC] Heartrate monitors and their uses - Jonni

If getting our horses heart rate up into a higher range is supposed to be good conditioning for them, can't I just stand near my horse and show him something scary that raises his heart rate, hold it there for awhile, then take it away for awhile as his heart rate comes down, then bring it back up with something else scary? Shoot, a stick on the ground has shot his HR up over 200 at times.  I wouldn't ever have to leave my property!

Jonni