From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lani M Olson
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:49 PM
To: Ridecamp Endurance
Subject: [RC] Spirulina wafers

I have two itchy horses, one worse than the other. I got the spirulina wafers that recommend 1 for every 100 lb of body weight. I put one wafer in each horse's rations, soaked overnight with one cup (dry weight) of beet pulp, a little oats and sunflower seeds and cut up carrot that I mix their vitamin/mineral supplement in. One horse ate her rations and left the undissolved wafer in the pan, the other mare obviously bit into the wafer and was spitting out everything. First mare came and ate second mare's breakfast. How do you get them to eat it? Any suggestions?
Lani