From: Chrystal Woodhouse <Chrystal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   easy boots, how easy!!?? :-)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:03:30 -0400

Thought I would jump in here and tell people just starting with easy boots
( or whatever boots ) that it DOES get EASIER!!! :-) I spent my first year
with them swearing as I got them on my horse and my daughter's horse for a
ride- it was the worse part of the day. However I can now get them on in
about 20 seconds ( thirty if I have a beer in hand .....have to
electrolyte the rider you know!! ;-) )) It has become no big deal- so
persevere it will not always be such a pain!!

P.S> A question for people who boot on all 4 feet ( I have never booted the rear but plan on it for our first 75 mile ride in August.) is it as simple as the front feet? Should I take extra precautions like duct taping the hoof first??? And also- if I boot the night before ( not being a morning person the idea of having to duct tape AND boot all four hooves before a ride is a bit daunting)will the boot get looser or anything during the night??

Thanks
Chrystal :-)