Re: [RC] USEF to Replace US Chef de' Equipe - KimFue

In a message dated 06/19/2006 10:15:10 AM Pacific Standard Time, johnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
note three things:

1) you have to be a member of USEF for your voice to matter!
2) the HP Endurnace Committee has already finalized their proposal.
3) All three committees have heavy cross membership it looks like.

jt.
Is the HP Endurance Committee also the USEF committee that voted to lower the WEC competition age to 7yrs old from the long time established age of 8 years old?

It will be interesting to read an explanation of why the US Chef d' Equipe would be replaced so close to the event.  I do hope there is a press release that will explain this move as it seems pretty drastic even if politcal wrangling is part of the reason.   When it was first announced that the US Team was fortunate enough to have an elite international competitor like Tom Johnson as the Chef d'Equipe I was really impressed.  With his own successful  record in the most premier ultra running events (both national and international) and his successful endurance backround, who better to coach the US team to a successful competition in Germany.  This is a man who truely understands "winning" long distance events.

To me, it would have been worth nominating just to get his expertise as part of the training squad.