Re: [RC] taking care of hooves myself - Erwayhopp

  I have the fronts only of my Morab and Arab mares shod every 6-7 weeks.  Since they carry 60-65% of their weight on the front, I feel that is necessary to protect them in my Rocky Mt area.  I rasp the backs each week.  In winter when it is too icey to ride I have them go barefoot for 3 months and rasp them every two weeks.  Works great for them....  No lameness, chips or cracks and healthy frogs and heels.

Margo
Elizabeth, CO