[RC] Cooley Ranch Ride - Merryben

To all you riders, etc.  from Cooley Ride yesterday.

I have done the results and if you want to know anything, please email me and I will look it up for you.  Copies of the BC results will be mailed tomorrow to the riders who showed for BC.

If any of you did not get your questions answered by me after the ride and I was a little short and distracted, it was because our horse crashed and we were loading up to transport him to the vet hospital.  We got to Cotati Large Animal and evaluated him and he was getting better so we headed home to evaluate him then and decide if we needed to go to Penn Eq or maybe Steinbeck.  At Midnight we got home and he was much better and his usual perky self and he is fine this morning.  It was really scary though.

Thanks Ruthie Waltenspiel (rm)  When I told her I was leaving and taking the results and would get them to her this week she just said fine, go and let us know how it goes and don't worry.

We have to thank Michele Roush for treating him at the ride and then making the decision that he might need more.  Jamie Kerr went ahead of us and called the Cotati vets to alert them and then met us there.  Russ Peterson of Penn Eq was on call and on the phone to me within 5 minutes of being paged and then talked to Jamie.  He said he would be there and to call him if we needed him after we got home.

We are so dependent on our horses but without our experienced and gifted ride vets we would  be toast.  A big thank you to all of them...............Maryben