Re: [RC] The dreaded Skunk-u-pine! - Cynthia Eyler

This recipe is even simpler -- five gallon bucket of water, generous squirt of Dawn dishwashing liquid, one cup of chlorine bleach.  I can testify that it works.  And no, it won't bleach color out of the victim (my once-skunky dog is black, so I would know).

The time I used it, I lathered up the affected area, rinsed thoroughly, then lathered all over and rinsed again.  Keep it away from the eyes, though.  The dog slept with me that night as usual.

Cindy