Re: [RC] MPG and diesel trucks - Milinda Ellis

Debbie,

I have a 1997 F-250 Powerstroke diesel 2wd with a HD 5-speed and 160K miles on it.  I average 22 mpg running empty with the tailgate up.  I average 16mpg pulling an 18' [steel] stock combo w/dressing room and two LARGE mares in it, with all our "supplies."  Don't know how fuel economy would improve if I drove with the tailgate down (less wind-drag).  I also don't run A/C in the truck.

I get about 18-19mpg 'in town'.  I use cruise a lot because I have a lead foot.  Diesel here is $2.89/gallon so I stay home alot.  Not only is fuel cost lower here, but so are wages...

Milinda Ellis
Beargrass Cleveland Bays
Jewett, Texas

Debbie Lyons <deblyons51@xxxxxxx> wrote:
My friend calculated the mileage of their F-350 diesel truck and they are actually getting 20 MPG driving around town. I'm curious what the mileage others are getting with diesel trucks. We have a 2002, Ford F-350, getting 15-16 in town and 11-12 towing. Wish we were getting 20 MPG with diesel at $3.20 per gallon.