[RC] Non- Arabs Morgans - Ted Goppert

I've ridden both a Morgan and an Arab for the past few seasons.  You do not need an Arabian just to ride and complete.  If you really want to win the Arabian is the
best choice, BUT if you are just starting you really should not be trying to win.  Learn to finish before you try to win.
It's too easy to make a mistake

You can learn to finish on any breed as long as it's a
sound individual and you know its limitations.  Don't let
people tell you you can not do endurance on a non Arab.

Last weekend I rode my 17 year old Morgan Mare on
the Wild  West Multi-Day in Grass Valley, California.
When we finished Day 1, she had completed Endurance Rides in 12 consectuive season. The the end of 3 Days
we had successfully finished  All 3 days for the 4th
year and brought her lifetime mileage to over 3600 miles.
So you do not need an arab to ride endurance.

Ted Goppert