[RC] So if I wanted an endurance Arab, how would I find out more? - Jonni

Jen posted: >>>Most of the Arabs in my area are of the glitzy, sissy show
type. Beautiful - but far too silly to ride on a long trail, IMHO.<<<

And THIS is exactly why Arabians get a bad "name" among some folks. All they
see is the hyped up, bug eyed show horses, that never do much but go from
the barn to arena. Jen, go to an endurance ride and walk around camp, and
start "meeting" some of the competitors horses. You will see a whole
different group of Arabians in general, than you will at a show barn. Now,
consider that I'd bet many CAME from show barns. It is indeed so much in how
they are handled and worked with. They really are a people minded breed. In
general, they want to be part of the family.  I also feel they also want to
please and do what you ask, but often the rider just is not understanding
what the horse is telling them. I've had some that would be silly and often
spooky on my conditioning trails, but rarely at rides. I decided they were
bored on those same trails day after day, and just looked for things to
amuse themselves. LOL

Try not to judge the breed on those you have seen at some of the breeders
you have visited. Judge them at a ride, and see what you think. We will
always have an Arabian (or 5 in )our pasture. Does not mean we might not end
up with another breed, but we just love having Arabians around. Great
personalities, VERY smart, and they make good family members

Jonni

Check my eBay:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZradhorse