[RC] gaited horses - Stacy Baxter

I think Jim's post was very well said.

He was not breed bashing, he was giving the REASONS for the Arabian success in endurance riding.

When I decided I wanted to do endurance, I sold my Tennessee Walker and bought a CMK Arab.  I figured if I had a horse that was designed for this sport, that would be just one less thing for me to worry about.

My first experience with endurance riding was when I volunteered at a ride and witnessed a Paint horse that crashed at the end of a 25 mile ride and was given a 50% chance of living.  I saw that horse at the check point, she was fine.  She just looked a little tired when she came into the finish.  That was a memory I will never forget.  I KNOW there are many breeds that can compete in endurance, but I knew that I did not have the knowledge to ride a breed of horse not specifically designed for this sport.

Thank you Jim for giving us some facts on this amazing breed, the Arab.

-Stacy

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.