Re: [RC] Question for Female Riders (Seat saver options) - Equus Wolf

****From: Sharon Levasseur <sharon1359@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   question for female riders

In case you're wondering, no, I have not found a solution other than to
buy a different saddle.  I am not aware of a seat saver that ONLY pads
beneath the seat bones and not farther forward as well.  If anyone else knows of
one, please speak up!

-Sharon L.****

I have found that the too high pommel, OR too small of a seat size on the saddle can make a big difference.  Also how forward  you are riding or if you tilt your pelvis off of your seat bones (which puts too much pressure on the tree of the saddle - this can occur because too small of seat size)
As for seat saver, the Cashel Tush Cushion for the English saddle is made to fit "where the butt goes."  I like it because I can adjust it forward or back to my comfort.  Where it is made to correctly sit is behind the pommel and closer to your seat bones, so it doesn't actually cover the pommel of the saddle, but stops at the waist of the saddle.
This site shows the English one near the bottom of the page and the Australian one closer to the top of the page.  The English one can be adjusted to sit a little farther back or a bit more forward (I figured this out on my own).  Also, after hours in the saddle, it is not completely compressed down.  It is closed cell foam so it always cushy, but not too much - just enough to prevent pressure points.  I believe they are 1/2 in thick and I love mine.  (No I don't sell these things - If I did, I'd go broke covetting them to myself *laugh*)
Anyway, good luck!
Jennifer in SC