[RC] Jo Tate Memorial Ride - Kathleen A. Crothers

Had a great time at the Jo Tate Memorial Ride in the MO. Ozarks last weekend.
My horse, Texas Dually, did both days and had the fastest time over all out of
the 4 horses who started both days.  This was a highlight for me since he had
epm 5 yrs. ago and still has some muscle atrophy making him slow on the steep
climbs.  He had an excellent vet score at the bc check after the 1st day ride
and good vet scores both days.  I was too tired to stand for bc after the 2nd
day and knew the first 3 riders were riding great horses so didn't stand a
chance of winning.  Dually was looked good and was still jumping at imaginary
critters on the last loop so I was glad for my riding companions, Jackie and
Elizabeth.  The trails were tough but plenty of places to make good time and
was very beautiful with scenic views, pretty bluffs and lots of grazing for the
horses.  Ponds were plentyful and had solid bottoms so the horses and riders
enjoyed cooling off in them during the ride.   I never c
an remember all the ride
stats but Gail Zeck won the 1st day's 50 and also got bc 20 started I think and
only one pull.  11 started the 2nd day 50 and only one pull there.  Genie
Wunderlick and Dina Stevens tied for first the 2nd day on mares that did the
100 in Texas two weeks before followed by JR rider Marissa Stevens.  Dina won
bc.   Not sure how the 35 mile rides but think everyone had a good time.  The
riders on the 15 mile fun ride had a great time and some of them came back on
Mon. to pull ribbons since they didn't get enough riding.  I guess I didn't
either since I took my new horse out on Mon. to pull ribbons and get in a 3 hr.
ride.  Felt sorry for him being penned up all weekend while his pasture buddy
had all the fun.  Thanks to manager Jodi Hess-Schulp and all the helpers for a
super ride!!  It is my favorite OCER ride and laid back rides are so much fun!!
 Happy Trails, Kathy Crothers