[RC] Horses and acclimating to heat/humidity - RISTREE

I know a wee bit about human heat acclimation from my hazmat and safety/health consulting, but not sure if the process is the same in horses (and I have a big-bodied warmblood cross, so it can be a real issue).

How long does it take horses to acclimate?  (Humans take about 2 weeks of daily heat exposure.)

What is the best way to acclimate them?  (Humans do best with plenty of rest, lots of fluids, and then increasing work/rest periods in the heat environment over the acclimation period.)

How quickly do they lost it if there is a break in the weather?  (Humans do lose it, and fairly quickly, when they're away from the hot environment.)

Curious about folks thoughts/experiences with this one.

--Patti Stedman (NY)