[RC] wind and wild trail rides - Jonni

The more you get out and ride them on  windy days, the more you will relax, and find that the horse just does not mind it. I think that many riders avoid riding on really windy days, as they expect the horse to be naughty. Then, when they DO venture out in the wind, the horse picks up on that apprehension, and indeed, is naughty.  You can not always chose what the weather will do at an event, so try to "practice" in all kinds of conditions on training rides. It is just as much for the rider, as it is the horse.  When we can relax and say "well, just because it is blowing like mad today, doesn't mean I can't compete, as we have ridden in worst than this at home", we find our horses ARE fine, and not bothered by the conditions.

That make sense?

Jonni