Re: [RC] wind and wild trail rides - SturmRanch

Oh, no, Jen.  Please keep asking.  We all learn from the answers.

I wonder if it's an individual thing, or perhaps some horses have been pastured where they have experienced lots of wind gusts.

In the days when I was starting colts, it always seemed like wind made them nervous, but the TWH gelding I have now is absolutely not bothered by wind.  I was out by myself yesterday and up on top the wind was really howling.  I've ridden so many horses that would have had a  real problem with that kind of storm.  I was really thrilled to be riding a horse that wasn't worried about a  good windstorm.

He's also not bothered by any kind of water any where.  He was born and lived for a long time in Oregon's Willamette Valley where it rains a lot.  Maybe they get a lot of wind, too.

Nancy Sturm