[RC] Gotta Question For Ya?? - Patricia Israelson

Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new to Ride Camp, although I have been doing endurance rides for about six years now.  I also sponsor my nine year old granddaughter (Jordan) who rides with me and was on the cover of Endurance News last June.

Rocket (my arab)  was pulled at the end of a ride earlier this year with lameness caused by a stone bruise.  I would appreciate your thoughts about using silicone caulk in the frogs of the horse's hoofs to prevent rocks from getting wedged in there and causing stone bruises.  I asked my farrier about it and he said that it wouldn't be a problem as long as I peeled it out of the frog after the ride was finished.  My horses are shod with steel shoes, so this would provide extra protection from the rocks.  What da ya think Ride Camp Buddies---good idea , bad idea and any suggestions?

Patty Israelson & Rocket Roulette