[RC] Malibu Photo Proofs (PS) - Lynne Glazer

With a multiday ride scheduled on the same day, attendance was light and the atmosphere was intimate, which I found a pleasure since I wasn't paying the price. Ride management was super organized. Their completion award was a long sleeved black t-shirt with no cuffs, with the most gorgeous logo *ever* on the back, embroidery on the front. I hear they're selling their extras for $25 apiece, save me a small one, guys!

The ride started at 5:30 am, and the first riders came through Paramount Ranch at a little after 6. Took photos as they crossed a tree shrouded knee-deep pool, which was an adventure for some and an afterthought for others. We had the "gray May" weather pattern, so while the 55 mile riders had views of the ocean, it wasn't accompanied by blue skies and contrasty light. It did keep the temperatures down however, and Fred Beasom DVM had cautioned the riders to be aware of humidity's effects. The Santa Monica trail system is simply awesome, manager Larry Bowers had taken me around on check in day, and shown me the shuttle system and some of the highlights--the hills were bursting with life, not just the flora but the fauna as well. I think I saw both a bobcat and a bear while waiting for the first riders to arrive, amazing birdsong, coyotes, trail runners, bikers and road bikers.

Drove to the beach, and hiked up Zuma Ridge away from the vet check and shot a few more frontrunners, after first getting into an altercation with a trail rider who was taking down ribbons claiming they would spook horses. I called ride mgmt. :-P Two rangers got involved and things were harmoniously resolved. The remainder of the images were taken at the lunch check for the 50s, which featured rider lunches and goodies for the horses. Had a photo workshop this week to prep for so didn't stay for the balance of the day, but the proofs are up. <http://www.photo.lynnesite.com/gallery/1478597>

Lynne
Off to Ojai and surrounds to shoot Iberian horses on the beach!