Re: [RC] [RC] Cool gloves for hot weather? - Truman Prevatt

I bought a pair of gloves from Max Tack (Randy and Cheryl Winter) when we were out in WY a couple of years ago. They are great. They are gloves that were made for wind surfing. Can you say hot and wet. The are secured by a velcro flap so they go on easy and come off easy and fast. The they are cool and they work just as well when they are soaked as when they are dry.

Truman

PS: And no Randy doesn't give me a commission ;-) .

Sherman wrote:

Have you tried the SSG All-Weather gloves? They have aquasuede palm & fingers, get them wet & they dry quickly, don't get stiff, good for rubbing horse's itchy face and they don't make my hands too hot. In general, I have problems with heat making my hands swell & hurt, but don't notice any problems when wearing the gloves while riding, maybe because they're often wet.
Kathy
Anyone have a good recommendation for some gloves that aren't too hot? I usually wear gloves in the winter but in the summer I notice that not only do my hands get very warm, but the rest of my body gets much hotter when I wear gloves. I'd like to find some nice cool gloves for that first morning loop when my horse is a little more ambitious than I would like. =) Any recommendations? Has anyone tried the new spandex pull-on gloves that Long Riders Gear is now carrying? I think they were called Foxwoods or something like that....

--

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." - Bertrand Russell