Re: [RC] horse/dog question - SandyDSA

just because there are no leash laws does not automatically make a dog owner not responsible for the actions of their dogs. If the dog is running lose and gets injured, whether by a horse kicking it or a car running it over - poor dog to HAVE such a thoughtless owner! - I would NOT live where the dog owner would NOT be held liable, even for injury to a driver or rider in the incident. Dog owners need to understand that they do their pets NO favors by allowing them to run lose in public places. I know people who would shoot first and ask questions later:). I also have a mare who has indeed charged 3 attacking LOOSE German Shepherds - of course the owners yelled at ME while their dogs were attacking ME where we DO have leash laws. HELLO! I WANT my horses to have a healthy sense of self-preservation! I love dogs, have several but if it comes down to a choice between someone else's dog or my horse - or heaven forbid, me - I choose me and my horse over someone else's NEGLIGENTLY loose dog.

My husband was jumped by two HUGE loose dogs 2 days ago in the local EQU CENTER - dogs are not allowed off leash ANYWHERE HERE! I hope the woman who owns them got the message from my husband because if they EVER do that to me, there will be you-know-what to pay. You see, it isn't the animals - it is idiot owners. Some people should not be allowed to have children or pets.