Re: [RC] conditioning on old roads - Karen Sullivan

Title: conditioning on old roads
A lot of our local riding is on hard roads.  I have worried for years and years about the concussion on the legs, no matter how well conditioned and slowly brought up....with shoes, there is just no avoiding the shock.

Frankly...now all my horses are out of  steel shoes.  Doing riding on good footing barefoot; and for hard or rocky roads I boot (easy boot epics with comfort pads)....and then don't worry  AT ALL about shock or concussion....

Never thought I would embrace the barefoot thing....but many different trim styles and mine is working well......horses are all doing better and moving better.

Karen