Re: [RC] Heat Rash/Blisters - Laney Humphrey

Over the years, and I've toted up quite a few by now, I've been getting more and more heat rash. I've given up using half chaps in order to keep my calves cooler. I do have to wear a Professional's Choice neoprene knee brace and have learned to expect "heat rash" under it. Here are some other thoughts I've had.
1. decreasing ability to sweat as I age
2. sensitivity to detergent (had that all my life)
3. general skin sensitivity started by many severe cases of poison ivy & oak so that my skin just seems to over react to anything, possibly even to my own salty sweat
4. possible sensitivity to some fabric components. I say that because I think I remember less of a reaction when wearing riding tights made mostly of cotton
5. I've even gotten sort of scalded on the tops of my thighs through some riding tights.

I think quite a few people deal with this; maybe we can share solutions.
Laney
West Region

Beverley H. Kane, MD wrote:
“Pain” and “blisters” sounds like more than simple heat rash, which is typically just macular-papular (flat & pink w/ painless pink bumps).
Possibly there is a bacterial or allergic/hypersensitivity component.
It’s important to understand why now, after 10 years.
What changed in you or in the environment?
PM me if you’d like to talk.

Beverley