Re: [RC] Drooling Horse - SandyDSA

good one!

Our Polish mare a few years ago was drooling, frothing, and struggling to eat - had her checked out and lo and behold a piece of what appeared to be baling wire embedded IN HER TONGUE! Well, we never FED anything baled with wire - EVER - so had no clue how long it had been there. Up to Alamo we went for xrays, tests, waiting for it to fester so we could get it out - but it receded and is still there. Waiting, watching - so far hasn't reared its ugly head again but we never know when. You cannot just slice and dice a tongue to get it out. Has to be laid down so they can actually locate it before they try to get it, and preferably it should be well festered and starting to exit on its own. sheesh!