Re: [RC] Abetta saddles - heidi larson

My brand new one from Ebay just came last week, got our first chance to use it today.  It is the sheepskin lined one, trail stirrups, not the flex tree, supposed to be an arab tree but I wonder, seems wide to me, however, it went on a narrower arab today with a 100lb rider (not me) and did about 4 miles, mostly at a walk, 11 year old who rode reported it was fairly comfortable, but would like a seat cover because at a walk, there was a "lump" that was bugging her, she loved the stirrups, suede-like seat, seems deep enough for her to feel in control.  Seemed to fit the old guy, he didn't complain and he's pretty good at telling you how he feels. His MO for a poor saddle fit is stopping in mid-trail and looking back at you over his shoulder as if to say...."you've just got to be kidding me!" Of course she barely trotted so can't say at faster speeds he felt comfy.  Coming down a steep hill it didn't seem to get up on his neck much, but it has a crupper ring and he has a crupper, so we'll put it on next time just in case.  So for our first test, it gets a passing grade and since it was $250 new, we'll keep it!!!
Heidi

Suzanne Boyd <suzboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I've used an Abetta saddle for the last decade or so. I hated the
stirrups that came with it, so I changed them to trail stirrups. I also
covered it with a full sheepskin cover(talk about luxury!!) I have the
wide tree model, which has fit several horses very well. I don't have
many AERC miles on it, but I do have a LOT of trail miles on it, and it
has held up extremely well. I think I might have even backed my truck
up over it a time or two.(hahaha,,just kidding!!) For the price, I
don't think you can beat them.
Just my experience.
Suzanne in Ohio