Re: [RC] Rug Proof. I'm disgusted - heidi larson

I do know that if you've ever washed with reg. laundery detergent, that it does something to the blankets and doesn't work as well, my sheets I've proofed worked great with the exception of one Weatherbeeta sheet that I'd washed a couple of times with reg. detergent, it did leak the second time I used it.  Sorry Julie, let me know what the Nikwax company has to say as I just ordered another container of the rug proof.  Anyone out there have a secret to re-waterproofing?

heidi

Julie Fuller <natira121@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HI guys,

I discovered this morning that the 4 turnout sheets that I carefully
washed and reproofed with Nikwax products had soaked through! My poor
horses were wet and shivering. *scream* I'm so disgusted! I bought
this stuff on a friend's recommendation (and Heidi, I'm not blaming you
at all!) and washed and reproofed 7 sheets, drying them for two days in
a heated room before putting four of them on a few days ago. This
morning I yanked them off, and put on the other three (yep, I gotta
nekkid horse out there) and I'm waiting to see how long they will keep
the horses dry.

I have contacted Nikwax, but haven't heard from them yet. I thought
I'd see if anyone had used this stuff, and how it worked for you.

Some of the sheets I treated were only a year old, one was new this
year!, and the others were older. Various brands, some cordura, some
heavy nylon stuff, all coated and waterproof when I bought them. Man,
I'm tired of washing sheets.

Off to switch the laundry

Julie in the land of moss, mildew, mold, and mud. AKA SW Washington