Re: [RC] another Auburn break-in - matt medeiros

The idea of meeting was to inform users of these areas of the risks involved of leaving your personal property unattended.We also could build a petition to ask for the rangers involved(State Parks and BLM) to help us patrol these areas.
  Big dogs or any dog is a risk as well.Someone actually wrote me and said the Russian Mofia might be involved.
  I was just trying to help, not cause an issue further than the problem that currently exists.To each their own instead of trying to solve a sarious problem!

Lif Strand <lif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 02:19 PM 1/14/2006, Sherman wrote:
>Another ridecamper and I were thinking about doing just that.
>However, this morning I was told by knowledgeable persons that it
>wouldn't be safe

True, law enforcement frowns at people taking care of their own
problems for that very reason, plus sometimes non-law enforcement
would-be solvers of crimes can muddy the evidence. But there are
still some things you could do - such as put one of those exploding
skin-staining dye things in a purse and let it get stolen, or riding
off and circling back to an overlook with telephoto lenses on cameras
and cell phones in hand with the sheriff's phone number ready to
call. If I thought about it I could come up with a bunch of things
to do that wouldn't require that the rider be in the immediate vicinity.