[RC] another Auburn break-in - Sherman

Another ridecamper and I were thinking about doing just that. However, this morning I was told by knowledgeable persons that it wouldn't be safe, your life could/would be in jeopardy if accidently discovered by these thugs, and they are far worse than "druggies". So, just don't leave ANY valuables in your vehicles, tell all your friends, all the riding clubs etc, let's get signs posted to that effect at ALL the staging areas, keep your charged cell phone with you and REPORT any suspicious persons/vehicles that you see. I do lock my truck, but then leave my window down just enough for them to get in without punching locks IF they really want to, but there's obviously nothing in it to take and certainly not worth stealing as it's conspicuously "forest service green".

Kathy

It sure seems like since these thieves do exactly the same thing each
time that it would be pretty easy to set up a situation to catch them
in the act.