[RC] Burro Mtn Sacrifice - Annie

    To Explain further>>>  There is a small section of Natl Forest just south of Silver City New Mexico. It has a few pieces of private property within the forest.  This is where I live.  The area is the Burro Mtn area, locally called "The Burros" This area has been used off and on, mostly on, for the past 25 years as a favorite endurance ride area.  Land of Enchantment, Burro Mtn Challenge, Horny Toad, Jaguar, All in the same area and over allot of the same trails beginning in the 1980's.  Several different people have picked up the torch to manage rides here.   I had planned to have 6 days total of rides a year here after I got settled in my new place. And I hopefully wanted to add a good 100.  There has been a dramatic increase in OHV/ATV Motorcycle traffic thru the Burros in the last several months since I moved here.  Now the USFS has joined in cahoots with a local ATV Motorcycle salesman to try to get a 440 acre motorcycle park rite out here near the neighborhood,  and trailheads into the Burros for off road motor vehicles of all kinds. The damage to the forest is already pretty bad you saw it if you were out here for the last Jaguar ride.  Tall Pines is North of Silver City and not as yet affected by this.   The local District Ranger for some reason is solid behind this outrageous plan.  He has a pretty effective campaign of disinformation designed to keep the opposition quiet.  They are telling  everyone opposed to it that everyone is for it.   I know for a fact that within the FS they call the Burros the "sacrifice area" or "Throw away zone"  Dumping all that OHV traffic into this small delicate area, will not only ruin any quality of life, peace in our homes and safety. It will be the end of any kind of quality endurance rides in the Burros.  I have already had to cancel plans for a spring ride this year due to threats from the District Ranger """ That if I persue my vendetta against the OHV plan to trash the forest,  he will see to it that I never get another ride permit.""   We can not allow this kind of thing to go on.  It is a national problem and everyday more of our ride trails are threatened. This is why I ask for the help of other riders.  Thank You
Annie G.