Re: [RC] Horse with uneven neck muscles & behavior problems - Lani M Olson

I just had an adjustment on my mare yesterday for a neck bulge just like you described, except hers is on the left. A few months back she was stalled for a leg injury and decided to lunge at the mare in the next stall. A witness said she turned her head at the last second and hit her neck against the upright bars between them. Still not riding her because of lameness, but when I had the chiro out I told him the bulge was still there after all this time. He found the second vertebra behind the poll to be out, and after he adjusted it the bulge was noticeably smaller. I'm sure the muscle was torqued trying to keep the neck straight at that point. Don't know if that contributes to your horse's bucking but it's possible the neck has had a similar injury.
Lani