[RC] Re:100s de-elevation - Claudia Dawson

I've never ridden a 100. Why? Because me and my horse are just starting to  make it through the 50s healthy and whole.. I actually winced when I read this thread. I think de-elevating any distance for partial credits.. is well, taking the whole concept of the sport of endurance and insulting most any rider quite terribly, regardless of the distance they personally ride. One day I will do a 100, it's the ultimate goal that many lower mileage riders aspire to reach. To be able to cross that 100 mile ~line~.  Endurance is about personal achievement. I'd rather ride a 25 or 50 and complete it, any day of the week, then ride a portion of a 100 and then pull up because my horse and I aren't ready for the complete distance.

To finish is to win.Period.