Re: [RC] Kigers and Kiger/Arabs - Karla Watson

Seems like
the right Arab and the right Kiger would make a great endurance horse.

We have a NW horse here that is the product of an "accidental" breeding. A Kiger jumped the fence and bred with a well bred Arab mare to produce an amazing little horse. Neither breeder wanted the foal. Last year "Energizer" at the age of 19, was the top horse in this region finishing all 15 rides he did to win all the top awards. He also has a ride record of 79 starts and 79 completions to date--no pulls! At the 2000 XP ride, he finished 33 days without a pull. This little 14.0 hd. horse has been awarded 13 BCs and started his career late because he was just too cantankerous for several riders. He ended up in the hands of Tom Jones who is just as cantankerous as Energizer is. I have always thought the mustang/arab would be an excellent cross for this sport.
--------Karla Watson