Re: [RC] Why We Don't Need Elevator Rides - DVeritas

In a message dated 1/12/2006 8:26:11 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
You are absolutely correct we don't need to "dumb down the 100." If it
is worth preserving - it's worth preserving
After considering all I've read and sorting through what I "brought with me," I'm with Truman and Don on this.

100's have already been "dumbed" down, the rides are called 75, 50, 30, 25, Fun Rides, Staying at Home and Riding 'Round and 'Round in Circles, Going Online and Talking About Riding Horses, and so forth.

There are some who, after preparing to go to an endurance ride for weeks or months, having loaded the trailer with all the tack and feed needed, and then, something comes up and they can't go, would want to obtain a veterinary certificate stating that their horse COULD HAVE gone to an endurance rider and done 50/100 miles, but now, due to circumstances which have nothing to do with the horse, can't.  So, the vet could then certify that the horse was fit and OBVIOUSLY "looked" like he could have done a fifty or a hundred and, perhaps, the AERC should consider counting the miles of conditioning it took to get the horse this fit and, perhaps, add those miles to the horse's history and the rider's history.

DEFINING criteria for a ride and MEETING the criteria for that ride is integral in DEFINING that ride.

Endurance ain't no carousel ride.

Frank