RE: [RC] [RC] Tent camping - Pat and Janett Van Nuland

    Yep, that is the way my truck tent and other ground tents are made.  Practice at home and you can even color code the rods with colored electrical tape( big 12 person ground tent, makes it quicker since I don't use much). The practice make it quicker when you arrive at camp after dark and still need to set up, and directions are good and always keep with the tent.  Some tent rods come color coded  to match which place they go on the tent, this is a big help. Practice, practice, practice.

            Janett & Siouxnika
-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Sherman
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:07 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] [RC] Tent camping

Okay, all you tent campers, what type of tent is the easiest to put up for a "tent challenged" person like me. I camp with my daughter usually, and it's like a Lucille Ball show when we try to put up & take down the tent. We have a dome with fiberglass (?) rods (held together by some stretchy stuff) that are pushed through the rod pockets of the tent. It's actually easier to put up than take down due to it being nearly impossible to pull the rods without them breaking apart and the stretchy stuff  just stretching too much. The one time my hubby came to help, he got frustrated as well, so it's not just me & my 13 yr old that have trouble with it. Any tent suggestions?

Kathy