Re: [RC] To Ground or Not to Ground - Susan Favro

I had heard that the reason flax needs to be ground is because the human system can’t break through the seed’s outer casing. Grinding gets the seed wall broken so the good stuff inside is available to our systems.

Since the horse’s chewing motion and occlusion means they’ve got built-in grinders, I wonder if they “self-grind”? Since flax is so volatile it would be great to not have to machine-grind it and let the horses take care of it.

…S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
“Innovative effective products for the conscientious horse owner”
Voice – 406.864.8000
Fax – 559.272.6093
Mobile – 406.370.6399
E-mail – Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx