[RC] to ground or not to ground? - Kathie Ford

Hello there, just a quickie question, mostly for the vets out there..(Susan, Heidi?);

I've just introduced flaxseed to my mare recently and am hearing differing viewpoints on whether to grind or not to grind the seed?

Can you give this to them whole, or does it absolutely have to be ground?  And if so, what is the reasoning behind it?

I noticed in the product "The Missing Link" that the flaxseed in there are whole seeds.

Just would appreciate some clarification.

Thanks in advance,

kathie