RE: [RC] 100's - elevators/de-elevators - Alison Farrin

Ok, go the other way.  Elevator UP with credit.  Try it as a special sanction.
See what happens.  There was a 75 a couple years ago that I came off of so
eager to keep going I could have cried.  If the 100 had been there, we'd have
gone right back out.  It doesn't HAVE to be a slippery slope.  You are
intentionally making it one.

Kim HAS a point - she mentally sets up for the distance she is going to do.
She also rides negative splits frequently, so I can see WHY she feels that way.
However, I will also offer that most FIRST TIME 100 milers are told to ride
each loop on its own.

So, how about a rule that you can only elevator up to a 100 with credit if you
have completed less than 5 100's.  Again the point is to get NEW 100 milesrs
into the sport.

Stop shooting down the good ideas and figure out how to try a couple!

Alison A. Farrin